Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Want a Daddy

Today my oldest said something to me that is obviously bothering me because I'm still up thinking about it. She's only 7 but she's wise beyond her years. Anyway her comment in a nutshell was "It's not fair that we don't have a Daddy in our house". Normally when I blog I have all the answers. Now, my head is full of questions.

Was I wrong when I her Dad asked and I said a second chance was out of the question? Should I have married fiancé number two who was kind, sweet and good lucking but who I knew I didn't love like I felt a wife should love her husband? Had I cheated my daughter by engaging in this last passionate romance?

At what point should I forget the fairy tale and put her needs before mine? This is definitely a conundrum. I've been in a loveless marriage. My girls are the only reason I would ever consider going there again. Right now, I'm not willing to make that sacrifice. I'll just patiently wait for Prince Charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment