Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Natural Exudes Confidence

Let me begin by saying I am loving my finger twists. I am going to have to force myself to try other protective styles. My Wen and Sheamoisture curling smoothie are still working wonders for me. I never really feel like my hair looks bad. It gets a tad aggravating at times but I'm never disappointed with the end results.

Recently while visiting friends, I was told that one of them hated my two strand twists and the other disliked my afro. I thank God for the progress I've made. I didn't lash out at these people mainly out of respect but also because someone who would make those comments couldnt possibly understand the significance of my relaxerless journey.

This decision isn't only about convenience. It's about teaching my daughters that they're beautiful just as they are. They don't have to have Asiany or Caucasiany straight hair to be considered pretty. I also want them to be confident with their appearance and decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment