Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hurt People Hurt People

Have you ever gone through something, well let's face it, we've all been through something. But did you take the time to notice that usually doing your worst times rather than smile and/or do something to make yourself or someone else feel better your first instinct is to surround yourself in sadness. At times I've even found myself taking my anger out on someone else. That someone might be the offender or someone not involved at all.

Here's where I've decided to challenge myself. The next time an unfavorable situation comes my way, the next time I'm hurting, I resolve to medicate the hurt with joy and gladness. Because joy is an innate feeling controlled by me I will be joyful at all times rather than happy at the expense of others. I won't allow other people or things to determine my mood because then they control me. Lastly, I won't be a hurt person who hurts others. I will remember that you reap what you sow. Therefore, I will sow good things such as joy and gladness. My Momma named me Joy for a reason. It's time to exercise my birth right.

2 comments:

  1. Love this. As mother's we have blessings from God, our kids, that are seeds of happiness that help us get through these tough times.

    ReplyDelete