Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Are you Living or Existing?

Wake up, get the girls ready, feed them, take Nia to school, come home, nap, feed Winter several times, pick Nia up, feed them both some more, get their baths, put them to bed. Add work three days a week and this is pretty much my life. I don't want to look back and think "Why didn't I take time to live?". I'm not talking about clubbing and wilding out but I am talking about vacations with and without my children. I would live adult conversation over dinner and wine. I had the most fun I've had in a while at the skating rink last week.

At first, I convinced myself that the answer to my problem was to find Mr. New New. Not the case Today I'm making a promise to myself. As hard as I work, I deserve to live. In 2012 that's exactly what I'm going to do. Merely existing is no longer an option. Once I've mastered this task and I'm happy by myself if Mr. New New does come, I'm sure we'll have staying power.

No comments:

Post a Comment