Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Student is also the Teacher

Everyday my oldest girl teaches me a valuable lesson. Since Winter's arrival she's taught me the importance of stepping up. Nia hasn't slept alone while with her LTown family in all her seven years. Now she goes to bed alone and is sleep shortly after a good night kiss. Nia teaches me that I am my sister's keeper. She hates to hear her sister cry. When Winter makes the slightest whimper Nia immediately runs to her side to comfort her. Everyday Nia teaches me an anti procrastination message. She begins her homework as soon as she gets in the car after school. This is something I've always told my Mom and now I'm witnessing it personally. That thing is that you can definitely learn from your children. Knowing this is part of our family hustle.

No comments:

Post a Comment