Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Friday, January 6, 2012

Progress

Since this blog is affectionately titled Just the Three of Us I felt its only right that I update you on the girls and me. Nia is back in school after spending half of her winter break in Atlanta and the other half lounging with Winter and me. She's still an awesome big sister keeping herself occupied and helping with her sister when needed.

I had a refreshing conversation with her Dad yesterday. My goal for 2012 is to talk to people rather than at or about them. I discussed my relationship with my Dad or lack thereof and explained how important it is that he spend as much time as possible with Nia especially with my current situation. He voiced understanding and we both were amicable. Talk about progress. We have no choice. Ania's success is the goal. We've got to do everything possible to make it happen.

As far as my new gift is concerned, she's growing by leaps and bounds. She's just as beautiful as her sister and smart too. My only concern is that she has yet to meet her Dad and I can't tell her when she will. I fault myself in both situations. How could someone who knows from experience how important a father is pass these situations to her children? I won't dwell on it though. I can only assure them that I love them more than a million mommies and daddies and that I'll always be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment