Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Should I Stay or Should I Go

I caught the recent episode of Love n Hip Hop late. The part that has me pondering the most is Fab's ex assistant's advice to Emily. She basically was saying "You've put up with it for this long. You don't want to have to start over with someone else.". This is discouraging to me. I understand the concept of having time invested in certain things such as business and education. In that case by all means endure. However, when it comes to relationships and years invested at some point enough has to be enough. I think it all comes down to returning to old school logic. Don't play house until he marries you and puts you in a house.

On the other hand you have the disaster that is Melanie and Derwin. Through all the mistrust and betrayals they chose to stick it out and get married. It seems like each episode is going to feature some sort of tantrum by one of them. I seriously want to ask them for ID. I think it all comes down to knowing yourself and knowing what you deserve. After knowing, you have to command respect. Otherwise be a doormat. I don't have that option. My daughters are watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment