Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dear Mama




In last week's episode of Love and Hip Hop Olivia was seeking and receiving advice as to the direction of her career.  She was told by the Arista representative and Yandy that she needed to make her music more personable and deliver her pain to her listeners.  Olivia discussed her relationship with her Mom.  She explained the lack of communication, the letters her Mom left for her and basically how she hated her Mom.  Rarely do I see the reality in reality television but for me this episode was REAL.  I love my Mom, don't get it twisted, but she, my brother and my Dad are three of the hardest people I've ever had to love.  I'm at the point to where I love them because I have to love them. 

As far as my mom is concerned no matter what I do or how hard I try I feel like it's never enough.  I'm the first to admit I'm not near perfect.  I travel the hard road a lot.  But there is no pleasing that lady.  And from this point on there's no trying.  I'm experiencing major issues right now.  The optional issues have to make their exit.  I believe one of our problems is the fact that I'm so strong willed, driven and successful.  She appreciates this when it works for her but not when it prevents her from taking the driver seat in my life.  I'm sorry but there's only one copilot on Air Joy and his name is Jesus.  Maybe one day the direction of this relationship will change but as for now I'm done putting in the effort.  My focus is the spiritual, physical, mental and financial health of my Princesses and me.  THE END

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joy! I seen the show last week and it was very touching! But, I just wanted to say I think your a very strong independent women. I know your mother is very proud of you: career, homeower and she has 2 beautiful gradbabies! She just showing tough/rough love! I love to see YOUNG (me)black women w/high heads and the will power to do anything! Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I salute you Tina. The thing is our girls already face so much they need to KNOW that we're in their corner and not have to filter through the roughness.

    ReplyDelete