Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Monday, December 12, 2011

Does Keeping It Real Ever Go Wrong?


I'm in love with truth.  I'll tell it until it hurts.  Why?  Because I know how lies can impact your life.  I would rather be stung by the truth than told a lie anyday.  Unfortunately, this is not the case for everyone.  Others would rather indulge in ear candy.  Tell them what they want to hear and they're good.  Either that or they're good at telling you what you want to hear. 

Seven years ago when I married Ania's dad, I knew and he knew that the path we were about to embark on was not the one we wanted.  We were too busy trying to please others and "do what was right" that we made one of the biggest mistakes of our lives at a time when we should have been celebrating one of our greatest accomplishments.  Needless to say that marriage ended quickly and left ill will and bitterness.  I couldn't believe that he would just leave me.  I should have been happy that he cared enough for himself and me to turn the page.  Today, I'm thankful that he kept it real. 

So, does keeping it real ever go wrong?  I believe the only time it might is when the person on the receiving end of real can't handle your realness.  Sounds like a personal problem to me.  Like Cheryl Lynn sings "Got to be real".

No comments:

Post a Comment