Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Throwback Thursday - Toys

While shopping for a couple of surprise gifts for Nia's Christmas, I took a trip back to my childhood and left with a smile. Those were the days, when responsibility was few and fun was plenty. My cousins and I were like a band of brothers. In fact, some of our most enjoyable moments didn't involve toys at all. We would play in Grandma's dirt for hours making goo lash and cruise the neighborhood on our bikes searching for cans for our recycling project.

Nevertheless, when toys were needed these are a few that come to mind. The first toy I ran across in Wal Mart was Alphie, the talking educational robot.

Next I saw a shelf full of cabbage patch dolls. I LOVED my cabbage patch doll. Now Nia wants those $100+ dollar American Girl Dolls that aren't near as cuddly.

These two weren't in the store but I'd do my childhood a disservice if I didn't mention them. I absolutely loved my pogo ball. I never could do tricks but I'd bounce on it forever. And, if you didn't own a Teddy Ruxpin, your parents didn't love you. Just kidding, but Teddy was a big deal.


This trip down memory lane did me a world of good. Now, I think I'll search for a pogo ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment