Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Lesson in Responsibility

I finally caught the latest episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta last night. At first I felt like Sheree was being over emotional about going to court. Then I saw how childish her ex acted after court and felt sympathy for her. It's no fun having to stand before a judge so that they can make your child's other parent take responsibility for the child. How much money Sheree makes is irrelavent. They both made the children they should both meet the needs of children.

It irks me when guys insinuate that a woman is balling off his child support or that a woman shouldn't seek child support. Anyone who has full responsibility of a child knows that meeting that child's needs is an expensive task. Absent parents, here's a thought. Teach your child a lesson in responsibility. Take some! Don't add unnecessary stress to the stress that is single parenting. Step up to the plate and spend your money AND your time on your child.

1 comment:

  1. I can name a few people who really need to read this. Even though I'm not a single parent, I know parenting is not easy but yet something very special. I applaud all co-parents who make it work and take part in shaping their children's lives. Especially those that work instead of being able-bodied parents who use the child as a means of getting food stamps and section 8 housing.

    ReplyDelete