Perfect Pink Polka Dots

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Doctor Will See You Now

Today my littlest Princess had an appointment for her first checkup.  Initially I was going to take her to our family practitioner.  Her sister sees this Doctor and I have no complaints.  However, my gut told me it would be better to begin care with a Pediatrician.  I made an appointment for both of them at Piedmont Medical Associates.  Let me just tell you, Dr. Martin is awesome.  I'm very happy with my decision.  Confession: I also chose Dr. Martin because she is a black, female doctor.  I think my plan worked.  I have drilled and drilled it into Ania that the medical profession is for her.  Shes fought tooth and nail.  Today she came home and played "Doctor".  I think it's important that we surround our children with positive people with whom they can relate. 
Dr. Martin was extremely personable and very informative.  She talked with me, not at me and took lots of time to educate me.  During the conversation she referenced research to explain each point she made.  She interacted with my children and smiled the entire time.  One of my concerns with Nia is that she worries ALOT.  Dr. Martin suggested Nia make a worry box and leave her concerns there.  When Dr. Martin suggested Nia drink only one soft drink per week, Nia said "Now, that's a worry".  :)  Gotta love her!  Winter, who it appears will be as stubborn and strongwilled as her Dad, refused to open her eyes for examination.  Dr. Martin said she can usually force the eyes open but not my baby girl's! 

Nevertheless, the visit was a pleasure and a success.  Lincolnton residents searching for a Pediatrician, I would venture to say Dr. Martin and Pediatric Medical Associates are definite frontrunners.











Dr. Jermeliah Martin
644 Clark Drive
Piedmont Medical Associates


2 comments:

  1. Aww..look at the cheeks! Is she married to Dr. Larry Martin that I see a lot at work? :) Where is her office located? I might have to change Ahniyha doctor, I love Dr Hussain. But, she might fell more comfortable seeing a women dr at her age (pre-teen)! Thanks for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is Dr Martin's wife and she is awesome. I think Nihya would like her. She's in Dr Klett's old office.

    ReplyDelete